About the Community
The Corporate History Affinity Community is tailor-made to facilitate networking among professionals who run corporate history programs.
Through affinity luncheons, sessions at the Annual Meeting, tours of museums and archives that contain corporate history collections, the Corporate History Affinity Group works to articulate the value of corporate history, address public perceptions about funding, and provide a forum for networking and professional development.
Professionals affiliated with the corporate history community:
- use a corporation’s past to talk about its future, or the role the company has played in community development;
- interpret corporate history to further the public’s understanding of science, technology and/or the company’s field;
- work in a corporate museum, archive or visitor center;
- help a corporation decide whether or not to invest in a corporate history program;
- work for a history institution that is owned and/or managed by a corporation.